Monday 29 August 2011

I may not know how to weave a ketupat..........

 .............but I sure know how to cut & paste my cake to make one! That's exactly what I did last weekend! 
Got this idea from Mdm Rabiah Amit's book, Kek Lapis Sarawak. I studied the picture & using the special rulers for Lapis Sarawak and voi-la.........I made my ketupat!


          I'm not posting the recipe because I'm not very happy with it although the cake turned out well. The batter was watery & very oily but amazingly, the cake turned out ok.... I'll probably use a different recipe the next time I make this.


          Today marks the end of Ramadhan. I'm making lemang, the instant  type, not the kampung style.....Will be bringing most of them to my mum's place for tomorrow.  I'm typing this post, while waiting for the glutinous rice to cook before wrapping it with banana leaves. Once the lemang & rendang are ready, I'll  be heading to my mum's place to help out.


           Alright.....pretty busy today.......so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all Muslim readers Eid Mubarak....May this  occasion be a joyous &  blessed one for you &  family! Selamat Hari Raya ! Maaf Zahir & Batin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...