Sunday 30 October 2011

Vegetarian Korma

           I used the Vegetarian Korma recipe from Zarina's Home Cooking, Recipes from Singapore & Malaysia. I bought this book just after I got married, about 21 years ago. I have another book of hers, Zarina's Easy Cooking. That was a wedding gift presented to me by my schoolmate. If you are looking for  cooking books that have recipes of  common daily dishes, especially Malay & Indian dishes, I highly recommend these books!


Vegetarian Korma

Source: Zarina's Easy Cooking
            Recipes from Singapore & Malaysia

Ingredients:
A
300g small potatoes  - cut into halves
1 carrot (about 200g) -  I used mixed frozen vegetables.
200g cauliflower
100g french beans - I didn't use.

B
2 onions
4 medium tomatoes
4 sprigs mint leaves
3 green chillies
2 cloves garlic

C

6 cloves
4-5 cardamons
2 pcs (4cm lengh) cinnamon stick


D
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp black pepper

E
1 cup water
salt
30 cashew nuts- roast or fry till brown
10 cherry tomatoes or 3 tomatoes (sliced into 8 parts)
juice of 1 lemon
2 sprigs coriander leaves]chopped
2 sprigs mint leaves        ]
6 tbsp oil


Method:
  1. Boil salted water & half cook each of the vegetables. Strain & set aside.
  2. Grind B in liquidiser until fine.
  3. Heat oil & fry C until fragrant.
  4. Add in B & D until fragrant.
  5. Then add in water, potatoes & salt.
  6. Then add carrot & cauliflower & cook for 5 minutes.
  7. Then add corn, beans, lemon juice, cashew nuts & tomatoes. Mix well.
  8. Finally, add chopped coriander & mint leaves.
  9. Serve with rice, chapati or naan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...