Seriously, I don't remember when I made these Afghan Cookies... The only thing I remember is that the recipe is the same as the one I used in April. Loved these cookies a lot... if you are a chocoholic, I would highly recommend you bake them!
Recipe from Australian/New Zealand Food About.com.
200g butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used top flour.)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona.)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened corn flakes
icing sugar - for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and mix into butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Fold in cornflakes.
- Roll or press 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls and flatten them slightly. Place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Dust icing sugar & store in airtight container.