Friday 18 October 2013

Cornflake Choc-chip Cookies

These cookies were actually baked for Hari Raya Puasa 2 months ago. I took the pictures & edited them & they've been in my folder for a month or so..... Since this month's Aspiring Bakers theme is chocolate cookies, I thought it's high time I post it here. 


I baked the Cornflake Choc-chip Cookies using the recipe I got during one of the weekend baking classes I attended a few years ago. I like them a lot because of the chocolate flavour & the crunchiness. Just don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients.... I used all the ingredients, except the bubble rice which I replaced with cocoa crunch, because I happened to have all of them at home when I wanted to bake the cookies.  Just read on for my suggestions on how you can cut down the list.  I really want you to try this recipe. It's really a good recipe!


Notes & suggestions:

  1. The dough is supposed to be slightly dry, so don't add more liquid or butter.
  2. The recipe uses both plain flour & top flour, but if you don't have both of them, you can just use 240g of either one of them. Of course, using top flour would be better for making cookies as it contains less protein & so produces crunchier cookies. 
  3. There are also two types of milk used, I think you can use 50g of either the condensed milk or milk powder & adjust the sugar accordingly. 
  4. And if you don't want to buy the rice bubbles or cocoa crunch just because you need 50g of it, then just do away with them or replace them with cornflakes. 


Cornflake Choc-chip Cookies
Adapted from recipe by Nurul Imah.

Ingredients:
250g butter (softened)
150g brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt (I didn't use.)
20g egg yolk (from 1 or 2 eggs.)
20g (1tbsp) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla paste (I added.)
*100g plain flour
*140g top flour
*30g full-cream milk powder
*20g cocoa powder (I used Valrhona.)
*1/4 tsp baking powder
*(combined & sifted)
50g chocolate bubble rice or white bubble rice - crushed (I used cocoa crunch.)
300g cornflakes - crushed
300g mini chocolate chips

Method:
  1. Combine butter & sugar in a mixing bowl & mix thoroughly.
  2. Add in salt, egg yolk, condensed milk & vanilla paste & continue mixing until well blended.
  3. Add in sifted flour. Mix well.
  4. Add in bubble rice, cornflakes & chocolate chips & mix well.
  5. Take some dough (I weighed about 8g.) & form into a ball. Then place on a lined baking pan. Do this until finish. Leave dough to rest for about 1 hour.
  6. Then bake in a preheated oven at 140 deg C for about 40-50 minutes or until the cookies are cooked.
I'm submitting this post to the Aspiring Bakers No 36: Choc-a-Cookie (October 2013) event, hosted by Genie of Honeybee916 Food.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...