Sunday 10 August 2014

Pierre Herme's Vienesse Chocolate Sables

I managed to try a few new recipes for my raya bakings. One of them was Pierre Herme's Vienesse Chocolate Sables. I must admit that the main reason I chose this cookie was because it's so simple & fast to bake. I also wanted something chocolaty but without having to dip the cookies into melted chocolate. This one just needed cocoa powder in the dough... So it made perfect cookies to bake for a busy me!




Pierre Herme's Vienesse Chocolate Sables

Ingredients:
260g all purpose flour
30g Dutch processed cocoa powder (I used Valrhona.)
250g butter
100g powder sugar, sifted
a pinch of salt
3 tbsp egg white

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. Whisk together, flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk butter until creamy. To ensure that the recipe succeeds, the butter needs to be very soft. 
  4. Add in powder sugar and salt to butter and continue to whisk until light and creamy.
  5. Whisk in egg white until it is well combined with butter cream.
  6. Add in flour & cocoa powder, mix until well combined.
  7. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe dough into W shaped cookies. (I just piped into a star, just like Dahlia cookies.)
  8. Bake cookies at 180C for 10-12 mins - no more. The cookies will be delicate - transfer carefully into cookie jar after cooled.
Recipe from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Herme by Dori Greenpan.
Source: atkokken.

I'm linking this post to the Little Thumbs Up August (flour) event, organised by Bake for Happy Kids & My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe.

3 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks for sharing, bookmark this for CNY cookie baking ^_^

Zoe said...

Thanks, Faeez!

I like this recipe and hope to bake these for CNY too :D

Zoe

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

Wow!! You make it sound so easy!!! I love the little flower shapes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...